Friday, January 23, 2015

Jeff Gordon open to becoming NASCAR TV analyst


If the opportunity presented itself, Jeff Gordon would "entertain" the idea of working in television as a NASCAR analyst.


Could Jeff Gordon be headed to a broadcast booth sometime in the near future? Becoming a television analyst is certainly a possibility, the soon-to-be retired NASCAR driver said during an interview on SiriusXM's NASCAR channel Friday.


"I love the sport," Gordon said. "I'm very passionate about it. I love to critique it. I think I could do a good job with that. I don't think it's an easy job. I'll be honest. I have a lot of respect for those that do it, be it radio and TV. I'd entertain it."


A four-time premier series champion who is third on the all-time wins list with 92 victories to his name, Gordon announced Thursday he will no longer run a full-time schedule after this year. Although he won't use the word "retired," Gordon told reporters "chances are pretty good" the 2015 season finale will be last Cup race.


Gordon mentioned the possibility of dabbling in the Xfinity or Camping World Truck Series, as well as sports cars, but is noncommittal about future plans.


Due to his high-profile and acumen in front of the camera, Gordon would likely be coveted by Fox and NBC, NASCAR's two television partners who split coverage of the Sprint Cup and Xfinity Series races. The 43-year-old driver has previously hosted Saturday Night Live and served as a guest co-host on Live! With Kelly and Michael.


"I don't know if (being a TV analyst) at the top of my list right now," Gordon said. "Throughout this year, one of the things I have to start getting acclimated to is actually to having a real job and that's going to be an adjustment.


"When you're a race car driver, you've got it pretty good. At the Cup level, I've had it really good. I've been able to do something I enjoy, I'm challenged with, I'm good at. Finding that next thing to do is not going to be like that. I hope it's something I'm passionate about and love to do, but it's certainly going to have a different schedule and different mindset."






Source SBNation.com - All Posts http://ift.tt/1AZ6O0b

No comments:

Post a Comment