Monday, March 16, 2015

Blake Carlisle wants to hear more from Texas


The linebacker/wide receiver already has offers from SMU and Louisiana Tech.


Three-star 2016 linebacker/wide receiver Blake Carlisle, from Dickinson, Texas, already has two non-Power Five offers this year from SMU and Louisiana Tech, but the athletic two-way player is thinking bigger — he wants an offer from the team he grew up rooting for. That would be the Texas Longhorns, who he grew up rooting for and has been looking to impress throughout the recruiting process.


"Texas, that's my favorite right there," he said. "I've been a longhorn since I was young."


Carlisle has been in contact with the Longhorns and made it out to visit Austin. The coaches have some requests of the 6'3, 180-pound junior.


"(Texas) told me they like me," he said. "They said I need to put a little bit more weight on me."


UT isn't the only school Carlisle is getting interest from in the Southwest. He's also taken visits to Houston and Tulsa, and he was at TCU's junior day.


"(TCU) said they like my film," he said. "They will be evaluating me in the spring coming into the season."


Carlisle is a versatile player who could be either a linebacker or a wide receiver in college, though he has mostly been working out at linebacker. He rates as the 491st best player in the country, according to the 247 Sports composite ratings, and the 68th best player in Texas.






Source SBNation.com - All Posts http://ift.tt/1GNVWqb

No comments:

Post a Comment