Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Brett Moffitt joins Front Row Motorsports for 3 Sprint Cup races


For the next three races Brett Moffitt will drive Front Row Motorsports’ No. 34 car.


An impressive outing in what was a one-off ride with Michael Waltrip Racing has landed Brett Moffitt a three-race deal with Front Row Motorsports.


Driving in place of Brian Vickers, who underwent heart surgery during the offseason, Moffitt finished a career-best eighth Sunday at Atlanta Motor Speedway. The 22-year-old was making just his eighth career Sprint Cup start and his first with a well-funded team.


But Vickers is returning for this weekend's race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway and despite having Moffitt under contract, MWR doesn't have the necessary funding to field an additional car.


Instead, Moffitt will drive Front Row's No. 34 car for the next three races. He is filling in for David Ragan, who's temporarily moved to Joe Gibbs Racing and subbing for the injured Kyle Busch.


Although MWR is aligned with Toyota and Front Row is a Ford-backed, Toyota officials acquiesced to give Moffitt additional seat-time. Joe Nemechek drove the No. 34 car at Atlanta, finishing 33rd.


"I'm excited about the opportunity to run some races for Front Row," Moffitt said. "After last weekend, I'm obviously eager to get back into a car and keep racing. I'm grateful to Bob Jenkins and his team for giving me the chance to do that. I'll do my best to get some good finishes for them. I'm also thankful that Michael Waltrip Racing is allowing me to pursue this opportunity. I think it's going to benefit everyone in the end."






Source SBNation.com - All Posts http://ift.tt/1M5FO59

No comments:

Post a Comment