Friday, March 20, 2015

Georgia State coach worried about the Secret Service after President Obama joke


The Georiga State head coach is taking his newfound celebrity in stride. He's also worried about the President coming after him for busting his bracket.


Georgia State head coach Ron Hunter has had himself quite the week. He first found himself in the news on Sunday, when the Panthers won the Sun Belt Tournament. Hunter tore his Achilles during the post-game celebration, but wasn't about to miss his first NCAA Tournament game.


The No. 14 seed Panthers stunned Baylor in the second round thanks to a deep game-winning shot from R.J. Hunter, the coach's son. This is where Ron shot into fame, when he fell out of his chair celebrating, becoming a viral hit and new household name.


Hunter spoke with the media on Friday and had even more memorable quotes, showing himself to be a funny guy who's kind of amused by the whole thing. Here are just a few of the best snippets, although the whole transcription is worth a read.


His daughter is still more famous than he is, at least in his family.


I'm still trying to get fame in my own house. I don't know what you're talking about. My daughter is here. She's getting married in a few weeks, and we had breakfast this morning, and all she asked was for another check to write out for this wedding thing. I don't know what fame you're talking about.

Yes, he's keeping the chair. Yes, the chair has more security than the President.



I'm definitely using the same chair. That chair has been locked and covered right now. That chair has more protection than the President of the United States right now. I want that chair back. I don't know where they got it from, but that chair, it will stay with me for the rest of my life. Whenever we leave, I'm taking that chair with me. Win, lose or draw, that chair is going to be in my house with me the rest of my life ...


... I just said that the chair is under security. We're giving no names, we're giving no information about my chair. R.J. actually got in a little trouble because he actually tried to sit in the chair. No one sits in the chair, including R.J., the wife, seniors. That's my chair. That's one thing -- I don't get a lot out of this. I think I got one goody bag from the NCAA since I've been here, but I'm taking that chair with me.



Speaking of the President, Hunter didn't mean no harm with his comments about Obama's bracket. Please don't hurt him.


Let me say this. I was just playing with the President thing, man. I didn't mean that. The guy has done a great job, man. He's made one mistake since he's been a President, and that's choosing against Georgia State. But man, stop the emails and all the political stuff. I'm not a political guy. I could care less. I exercise my right to vote. But quit sending me emails about that, that I'm disrespecting the office. The office of what? I'm not causing anything.

We're talking about a basketball game. Please stop with the emails. I'm nervous. I'm thinking my taxes are going to get something. I'm not getting money back anyway, but I think I'm going to owe more money, and I'm looking for Secret Service guys coming to get me. So please stop. They got me so nervous about it. I was asked a question and I answered it, but President Obama, listen, you're a great President, man. I'm sorry, I did not mean anything. Please get your people off of me. I am so sorry. Thank you for asking that question.



Boy, he's really in love with this chair.



I'm not giving my secrets away about my chair because I think it's bad luck. I really do. I'm a superstitious guy and I think if you start telling all your secrets, man, I'm not going to do that. I'm not going to tell my new son-in-law, although I've got some things I want to tell him but I'm not going to tell him about the chair, any of that. This is for me. This is for me, and it's going back to Atlanta with me, in my office, in my house.



Georgia State may very well be out of the tournament this weekend, but Ron Hunter and the chair will live in immortality. Thanks, chair.






Source SBNation.com - All Posts http://ift.tt/1AR4pFp

No comments:

Post a Comment