Monday, March 16, 2015

NCAA bracket picks 2015: Why can't I quit predicting Duke to win?


Remember the first time you got your heart broken? Maybe it was sophomore year of high school?


Remember how no matter what all your friends said or what all logic would tell you, you still believed it’d work out between you two? Even when she screamed at you at the mall in front of God and everybody, or when they lost to Lehigh in the first round after you picked them to go all the way? Then they lost to Mercer in the first round after you picked them to go all the way again. Remember that?


Remember how you still thought things would work out between you two? Well, I do. But somehow Sunday night when I filled out my bracket I found myself texting her again talking about "I thought this was forever." Somehow Sunday night I found myself with Duke destroying all who challenged them and winning a national championship yet again. The logical side of my brain knows Duke will lose in the first round just like yours knew you and Judy were over. But that didn’t stop you from continuing to dream, and it won’t stop me from losing ten dollars on my bracket pool yet again this year.


Oh, and I put IU in the Elite Eight because I’m a massive homer once the tournament rolls around. HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS.







Source SBNation.com - All Posts http://ift.tt/1GMBYvY

No comments:

Post a Comment