Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Yasiel Puig is cutting down on bat flips, your dad is still mad at him


Even though Puig will never make his detractors happy, he's still getting rid of one of his signature moves.


The headline:



Dodgers' Yasiel Puig wants to cut down on bat flips



No. NO.



Though acknowledging that some fans are entertained by his theatrics, Puig said in Spanish, "I want to show American baseball that I’m not disrespecting the game."



You. You did this. You bloated Americans with your smug sensibilities and stodgy rules. Look what you've done, you've ruined the beauty of a simple bat flip. You've taken the baton away from the greatest outrage conductor in the game, and you've calmly put it down.


There is no hope.



"If it’s a big home run or if I’m frustrated because I couldn’t connect in my previous at-bats or if I drive in important runs for my team, I might do it," he said. "You never know. I can’t say I won’t do it."



There is some hope. There is a glimmer.


Keep flipping those bats, Yasiel. Annoy the people who would be annoyed, thrill the people who would be thrilled. Help keep baseball interesting, dang it.






Source SBNation.com - All Posts http://ift.tt/1IJ5JSS

No comments:

Post a Comment